Hi

I have found the G1 pretty good. I have written apps which combine
sensors (acceleration, orientation), GPS, 3D graphics and some maths.
It would be nice if the processor were faster, but generally it's
great. The UI (touch) response could be better, but for development it
is sufficient (especially if you're on a low budget).

The main issue I have is getting the Wifi to work consistently, but
this seems to be the same with the Hero so perhaps this is not
hardware related. Also this hasn't affected development.

I haven't read anything yet saying the G1 will not run 2.0.

No matter what you get, there will be something better though, once
your device arrives... ;-)

Cheers,
Julius.