OK, I didn't know that. My curiosity was triggered by Phil with the
suggested role of the CAMERA permission in having apps be visible on
the Market, which AFAIK should not have made any difference. Also,
android:minSdkVersion="4" (Android 1.6) according to documentation
implies that all screensizes are assumed supported:
http://d.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html "If
android:minSdkVersion or android:targetSdkVersion is "4" (Android 1.6)
or higher, the default value for everything is true."

So I expected that basically only visibility of (unadapted for
screensize) Android 1.5 apps on the Market would be affected, without
any role for "android.permission.CAMERA", and I would otherwise be
surprised.

BTW, lots of HTC Tattoo buyers seem annoyed, judging from
http://androinica.com/2009/10/11/htc-tattoos-android-market-will-not-list-apps-that-dont-support-qvga-display-option-update/
where it is stated that even Google's own "Listen", "My Tracks" and
"Sky Map" are (were?) not visible on Android Market for users of the
HTC Tattoo.