In fact if you can have more control in 2.0, this will just help to not have
all this task killers used so blindlessly by everyone.
So removing this API will be become less important. And this one still may
be usefull in some cases. Just have to be used more wisely.

thanks dianne for the explanation.
And indeed memory is generally the main reason I find myself killing apps.
If not, not only the phone slows down, but it may start killing other
process to reclaim memory,ones I do want to be on....

ps. sorry if I am top posting, mailing from Android does not offer too much
choices :-p