Same problem here. All of our apps are being affected by this.

For example, one went from 60000+ downloads to only 5018 overnight.
This is also impacting rankings on the Andrid market which is serious.
When this problem occured, one of our apps dropped from #2 spot in its
category (it's been there steady for over two months) all the way down
to number 16. Hard to believe that such an overnight drop is organic
and think that it has something to do with the mix-up in number of
downloads and ratings.

Does anyone see an official response from Google on this topic
somewhere?