Thanks for responding!!

Well!! I am working with emulator currently and the behaviour is same.
I have confirmed from the logs that the service is not crashing. All I
could observe from the logs that System is killing the service(and
hence the process) as its not a system service.

>your service is not using a background thread
Well my service is a multi-threaded application but not sure what you
mean here. Its a Android application/process with only one service and
nothing more than it.Do you mean I should start a thread for running
the service? I thought of utilizing the process as its only one
service in the process.

Thanks in advance
Ash