Ash wrote:
>> your service is not using a background thread
> Well my service is a multi-threaded application but not sure what you
> mean here.

Your service presumably implements some combination of onCreate(),
onStart(), onBind(), and onDestroy(). It might also implement some other
callbacks, objects on which Android will invoke certain methods at
certain times.

All of those will be called on the main application thread -- in an
activity, we'd call this the "UI thread". You should not be doing
anything that takes much time on the UI thread. If you take too much
time, Android will assume your service is stuck and will kill it off
with the service equivalent of an Application Not Responding (ANR) error.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Consulting/App Development: http://commonsware.com/consulting