I am starting with listactivity. I was able to create a simple list
view using ListActivity and Arrayadapters. The problem before me now
is i need a screen which contains a few labels and fields and under
them a listview. how to go about it ?

moreover whats the difference between layout and activity ? how well
should i use them ? Until now I thought one application one activity,
but after looking Apisamples i found myself wrong. A few correct links
will help. is "busy programmers' guide to android dev" a good book ?
Can I get a softcopy from somebody ?

regards
Jagat