After loading the file in Audacity (windows vista)  and looping it, it
revealed that my file simply didn't play cleanly. The original audio
sources I have are in apple's core audio format. The funny thing is
that I used quicktime pro to convert them from .caf to .wav, and then
both mp3 and ogg from there. I used audacity to convert directly
from .caf to .ogg and everything is working fine now.

Audcatiy is