Jags wrote:
> is my post visisble to the group :) ?

This one is.

> On Dec 10, 11:41 am, Jags <jag...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am dealing with 4 activities and a database. one parent activity
>> calls 3 other activites [add, edit, delete] . so when i come back from
>> these 3 activities to parent activities, depending upon the database
>> change, the listview need to be refreshed in parent activity ? what's
>> the best approach to achieve this ?
>>
>> i am going to add activity like
>>
>> Intent myIntent = new Intent(view.getContext(), Activity2.class);
>>                 startActivityForResult(myIntent, 0);
>>
>> thanks and regards

I am going to have to guess that you are using some form of
CursorAdapter in your parent activity. In that case, when you query the
database to create the Cursor, call startManagingCursor() to have your
activity take over "management" of the Cursor. This will have the effect
of automatically requerying the Cursor when the activity is restarted
after returning from your other activities, so any database changes you
make in your other activities will be reflected in the Cursor.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Development Wiki: http://wiki.andmob.org