Dear Android Developers,

I have been scouting around for ages, trying to find how to engage
with the mms storage of the android operating system. For my purposes
it is only necessary to know the number of mms sent; and perhaps the
size of each mms. As you are probably aware, the API for this is not
documented. If you have a few moments, I would be very grateful if you
would nudge me in the right direction (if it is even possible).

The code I am currently using to attempt this is below, but it seems
not to be picking up the MMS as desired. A similar approach for SMS
certainly works.

Any pointers?

-------------------------------------

    public static final Uri MMS_CONTENT_URI = Uri.parse("content://
mms");
    public static final Uri MMS_SENT_CONTENT_URI = Uri.withAppendedPath
(
            MMS_CONTENT_URI, "sent");

        String[] projection = new String[] { "_id" };
        String id, date, body = "";
        long[] monthBounds = getMonthBounds(resetDay);
        Cursor cur = managedQuery(MMS_SENT_CONTENT_URI, projection,
"date > "
                + Long.toString(monthBounds[0]) + " and date < "
                + Long.toString(monthBounds[1]), null, null);

        if (cur.moveToFirst()) {

            int idColumn = cur.getColumnIndex("_id");
            int dateColumn = cur.getColumnIndex("date");

            do {
                // Get the field values
                id = cur.getString(idColumn);
                date = cur.getString(dateColumn);