I'm about to tear my hair out. The authToken I was getting from
AccountManager was working fine before I went away for the holidays. I
get back home and start back into development and now the authToken I
get from the following code is no longer valid when requesting a
cookie:

AccountManager mgr = AccountManager.get(this);
Account[] accts = mgr.getAccountsByType("com.google");
Account acct = accts[0];
AccountManagerFuture<Bundle> accountManagerFuture = mgr.getAuthToken
(acct, "ah", null, this, null, null);
Bundle authTokenBundle = accountManagerFuture.getResult();
String authToken = authTokenBundle.get
(AccountManager.KEY_AUTHTOKEN).toString();

When I went back and hard-coded in my Google username and password and
got an authToken from "https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin";,
it worked just fine.

So as far as I can tell something happened over the past week that
rendered the authToken acquired from an Android phone using the
AccountManager API to longer authenticate properly, at least with
Google App Engine.

Is anyone else actually using the new API for authentication? Is
anyone else having problems? Can anyone else confirm this behavior?