On Jan 13, 10:42 am, pzul <paul.b.wis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But the "FEAT" request is the result of typing "adb install -r
> mumble.apk" - so it doesn't seem that there should be any unknown
> feature requests.

"adb install" pushes the APK and then essentially invokes "adb shell
pm".  If you do "adb shell pm" and watch logcat, you can see log
messages from the VM startup.  When it starts it becomes visible to
DDMS, and DDMS issues a few queries to figure out what it is.  (If you
watch DDMS, you'll see a "?" appear briefly.)

I'm not aware of any reason why DDMS would interfere with the pm
command.  Do you see anything odd in the log file when you do the
above?  (You can ignore the android runtime complaints about "thread
attach failed" -- it's a thread race where somebody is trying to
attach a native thread after the VM has already decided to shut down.)