Hi Dianne and other Android Team Members,

Please provide some kind of comment on this long-standing and serious
bug:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3708 (one of top
bugs right now)
"OnSensorChanged() is no longer called in standby mode since last
Firmware upgrade"

A lot of serious developers have looked at this, and we can't seem to
find a good solution that works for example on the HTC Hero. The best
work on this done by Bruno unfortunately still does not work for many
handsets. I have looked into this carefully, but the issue seems very
hard to track down. I can repro this on the HTC Tattoo as well. The
only work-around seems to be to intercept the ACTION_SCREEN_ON event,
and then to again re-grab the DIM_SCREEN lock, which causes the screen
to turn on again. This unfortunately drains the battery like mad.

The latest comment on this (from Dianne) said we have to hold a
partial wake lock, however we are all already doing this and this does
not help.

This breaks all pedometer and similar applications right now, and our
users are really sad.

Please please help, or at least comment on the status.

Artem