I'm having the same issue and cant find any solution thru google searches.
Did you ever find out the solution or if not what workaround did you use?

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 10:08 AM, guruk <ilovesi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a URL where User can Input in a Field.
>
> When I open that URL with the Android Browser and click in the Field
> the Virtual Keyboard pops up.
> When I open the same URL with my WebView and click in the Field the
> Virtual Keyboard does NOT appear?!
>
> What Do I have to do?
>
> Greets
> Chris

"An engineer's definition of done is the perfect set of code, and left to
his own devices, an engineer will endlessly improve the code on the mythic
journey to done."
-- http://www.randsinrepose.com