Dianne Hackborn wrote:
Newer Android versions are intended to be backwards compatible with older ones (I won't say always, because bugs happen, but that is the intention).

Have you tried running your app under 2.1 in the emulator?

2.1 is not very different from 2.0.1 (currently on Droid), so if you work on 2.0.1 I think your problem is most likely something specific to the Nexus One (how the camera works, etc) or a result of using private APIs.

In general I would tend to agree that backwards compatibility has been pretty good. This one appears to be the only significant problem I've found in 2.1 compared to 2.0.1:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=6191

If anyone has an idea for a workaround, please elaborate (see comment #2).

                        Best / Jonas