Juan Delgado wrote:
a) A rough estimate when to expect 2.1 phones to have this fixed or

Not that it concerns me too much, but it's been said a billion times
that Google cannnot / will not be responsible for updating specific
phones, that is up to manufacturers. Google can only be accountant for
release dates of Android itself, then it's up to, let's say HTC, to
pick that release, run their tests, apply any modifications (ie Sense
UI) and make the release available to their users.

Very true in general, but in this particular case, the RELEASED 2.1 phones are pretty much Googles own Nexus One phones and therefore they *DO* have rather good control over updates, right? Or did is miss anything obvious? (I would assume that any prereleased 2.1 phones will have this bug fixed before actual release.)

Speaking of updates, when I ask my Milestone to check for system updates I always get an "Unable to connect. The device is unable to connet to the server. Try again later." dialog. I fully understand that there IS no update available, but the message appears to indicate that there is actually not even a server to host any future updates at the moment. Is this normal or should I dig deeper? (I live in Sweden and the phone was bought from Expansys local web show - which is really UK based.)

                        Best / Jonas