Hi
We have had problem with the emulator not working correctly with the
GSM network. The emulator just says "No network". There were also
other thing that didnt work correctly (e.g. screen DPI).

This problem only occured sometimes on some machines (in our case it
seems to be faster ones with quad core CPUs).

After some digging and by turning on some extra logs it seems like the
problem is that the legacy support in the emulator is causing this
problem. The easy fix is simple to turn this off by changing the
"#define  SUPPORT_LEGACY_QEMUD  1" in android/hw-qemud.c to 0 and then
recompile the emulator.

I though I share this information if there are anyone else struggling
with this problem.

Regards
/Johannes
---
The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent
Sony Ericsson’s positions, strategies or opinions