Thanks for sharing this. SUPPORT_LEGACY_QEMUD is needed to be able to run
1.0 and 1.1 system images
in the emulator correctly, so I would prefer to fix the original problem
itself.

I'm interested in any way to reproduce the problem. If you have a machine
where this happens, can you send
me the output of -debug-qemud dumped during the emulator's boot sequence.

Thanks