I'm just trying to do a grouped layout - so a header would be followed
by a bunch of rows, then another header, and another bunch of rows.
They aren't collapsable, so I don't think it's quite an
ExpandableList.  As far as break points go, the only thing that seems
to be called before the crash is getCount.

I agree that the approach I've got here is all backwards, and I'm
going to simplify it into a single class - if I just use the flat
"FancyAdapter" (without the headers, naturally), then the crash goes
away.  So I think I'll just put support for alternate views into my
flat adapter to support the headers, and toss the Grouped adapter for
now.

I would like to know why it's crashing, though, as I may bump into the
problem again if I don't know what I was doing wrong in that code.

Wendell