Same problem here. XP32 SP3. Here's what I did/see:

- I took same care to make sure no instances of older driver files
were on my computer.
- I then manually installed the new R3 driver that was downloaded by
the SDK Manager.
- I plugged in both my ADP1 and my Nexus One. Both have USB Debugging
enabled.
- In the Windows Device Manager I see 2 x "Android Composite ADB
interface"
- "adb shell" lists the ADP1, but not the Nexus One.
- When mounting the SD card, I can see files on the ADP1, but not on
the Nexus One.