Thanks. I've tried the following, but it just doesn't output anything
at all - any ideas what might be wrong? I'll try to debug too:

                        InputStream responseStream =
method.getResponseBodyAsStream();
                        responseString = convertStreamToString(responseStream);
                        int statusCode = method.getStatusCode();
                        method.releaseConnection();

                        //Log.e("httpPost", "Response string: " +
responseString + ", code:
" + statusCode);

                        int read_cnt = 0;
                        byte[] byteresp = new byte[1024];
                        int len  = responseStream.available();
                        while(read_cnt < len)
                        {
                                int size = len - read_cnt;
                                int nR = responseStream.read(byteresp, 0,
(size>1024?1024:
(int)size));
                                if(nR < 0){
                                        break;
                                }
                                read_cnt += nR;
                                String resp = new String(byteresp, 0, nR);
                                Log.e("Response data", resp);
                                resp = null;
                        }