Hi,

I want to generate background drawables for buttons and I am wondering if
there is any way to specify that the button can stretch, e.g. when using
fill_parent, but the image in it should not stretch? I want to use the extra
space for the touch area, but not have the icons on it look all different
and stretched beyond recognition.

So I am basically looking for something like that:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/widget/ImageView.ScaleType.html

But of course it should work with Buttons.

I know I could use nine patchs, but I have more than 20 icons and even if my
ADD would allow me to do this tedious task once for every 20 images for
every resolution I don't think I would ever change the icons afterwards
which can't be the solution.

Cheers,
Mariano