I third that! :) :)

So as an alternative, I tried putting a "crop"/"true" extra onto the intent
that starts the MediaStore.ACTION_IMAGE_CAPTURE activity, and I get the
following exception:

04-08 09:58:35.720: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(260):
android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle
Intent { act=com.android.camera.action.CROP
dat=file:///data/data/com.android.camera/files/crop-temp (has extras) }
04-08 09:58:35.720: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(260):     at
android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Instrumentation.java:1408)
04-08 09:58:35.720: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(260):     at
android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Instrumentation.java:1378)
04-08 09:58:35.720: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(260):     at
android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:2749)
04-08 09:58:35.720: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(260):     at
com.android.camera.Camera.doAttach(Camera.java:1181)
04-08 09:58:35.720: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(260):     at
com.android.camera.Camera.onClick(Camera.java:1088)

Would you say that the usage of the "crop" extra is also an implementation
detail that should not be used?  Is this a bug?

TIA
PT