Hi all.

I suppose it's not a bug but a "works as designed" but I found this to
be really frustrating.
The use case is simplified just to the point that is a problem for me.

Here is the first layout that works :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
android"
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    android:orientation="vertical"

                <TextView
                        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
                        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
                        android:text="Test"
                        android:gravity="center_vertical"
                />
</LinearLayout>

and the layout that doesn't works :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RelativeLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
android"
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"

                <TextView
                        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
                        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
                        android:text="Test"
                        android:gravity="center_vertical"
                        android:layout_alignParentBottom="true"
                />
</RelativeLayout>

In the first case, "Test" is written to the top of the screen.
In the second case, "Test" is written in the miiddle of the screen.

It seems, for me, that LinearLayout perfoems correctly.
That's not the case for RelativeLayout.
>From my understanding, the two layout should rendre the samething.

Yes, if we remove "alignParentBottom" to the RelativeLayout case, it
works, but for what I wan't to do, I really need it.

So, does anybody knows if it is really a bug and maybe there is a
workaround or it is the expected behavior and eventually ... why ?

Thanks a lot !

Mike