Dear dadical,
*
*I salute your initiative and congratulate your efforts in the anti-piracy
conflict. Digital Rights Management was never an easy adventure. Nowadays,
everything can be broken by using different methods. Some fall easier, some
do harder. However, I do not intend to highlight this in your licensing API.

I have few thoughts for your licensing approach, as follows :

   1. I as an end-user cannot welcome the disclosure of
   accounts/credentials, which by design are required for your module to work
   (android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS, android.permission.USE_CREDENTIALS). Those
   in combination with android.permission.INTERNET makes me highly worried
   about first at all possible scam. A simple example would be : I write an
   application and claim I am using your 'licensing module' so the end-user is
   installing my app thanks to trusting you. Then I do whatever I want with
   that.
      - Based on the above, I as a Vendor can not embrace the permission
      enforcement for such disclosure of private data in my products
      - What if there is a shared account? This will work on all devices
      that have that user credentials?
      2. You have reversely-engineered the Android Market Transfer Protocol
   and Markup Language for purchase verification.
      - Do you have the guarantee that Google will not change the protocol
      and your module will not fail?
         - You will most likely need to reversely engineer the
         protocol/language again and come with an updated version. How
about the time
         frame you need to fix this and the clients unable to use the
application?
      3. Is your module legit? For how long? What guarantees can you grant?

There could be more but for now this is all that came in my mind.

On the other hand, have you heard of
http://slideme.org/slidelock<https://slideme.org/slidelock> that
can be used today for protecting applications for global distribution where
there is no Android Market?

George