I suggest that before anyone implements this licensing scheme, they
consider carefully that it does in fact break the terms agreement in
that it uses an unpublished and private API to access the Android
market servers.

With that said, I would also say that it's highly likely that Google
will make the market API public soon, perhaps as soon as this month
during Google IO. Keep that in mind before putting the cart before the
horse with this well intentioned but perhaps premature licensing
scheme.

-John Coryat