On 21 kvě, 16:50, Gabriel Simões <gsim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, my opinion:
>
> - paid apps (for users)
>
> -> The problems google have to be able to sell to any country, any
> store will have: laws! Apple took a lot of time to open an app store
> here in Brazil and still most of the apps aren´t available because the
> governament has a diferent age definition per category here, so most
> games aren´t publihed.

There is 27 countries in European Union that have compatible law.
Developers from only 6 of them can sell and users from about 7 can
buy. This is strange, isn't? Why Google does not state clearly that
this is law compatibility issue?

> - paid apps (for developers)
>
> -> This sucks, and sucks hard! It´s something google needs to fix as
> soon as possible. Most users are on USA and Europe but developers are
> around the whole world and using ads to support our development is
> taking things to the limit already.

Agree.

> - no trash apps (some form of quality standards)
>
> -> Freedom vs. Closed systems. This is the discussion between app
> store and android market. I prefer open systems where anyone can
> publish anything. This way the comunity will show what is best and
> what is worst. Also, the ability to ask for a refund forces developers
> to make great apps in order to receive anything for them. If there´s
> someone to say if your app is good enough we will see the same old
> story again: rejected apps for no reason, long delays between
> releases ....
> In this case I do agree that android market should use a system to
> give emphasis to the best apps and start putting the crap ones on the
> lower parts of the search lists...

Agree. Sometimes I'm curious why some app will less downloads and
lower rating is at higher position. Not sure what is the algorithm for
this and whether it is optimal.

Tom