There are already several including few from 3rd parties, carriers and OEMs

SlideME
Shopapps from Motorola
Vodaphone to launch its own app store (
http://www.intomobile.com/2010/04/13/vodafone-to-launch-its-own-android-app-store.html
)
AndAppStore (http://andappstore.com)
Playnow by Sony Ericsson

Most of the carriers/OEM either have their own apps supporting other
platforms (read as non-android). so, they will be extending them even with
all the hue/cry around.

-Dan