Thanks Xavier.

MyLibrary is the name of my library project. I don't explicitly create
or intend to create the APK. The console shows that something is
expecting to find it.

Here's my guess:

I had to add the MyLibrary project as a dependency to MyApp project
because otherwise MyApp could not find various classes defined in
MyLibrary project. I suppose eclipse is trying to compile the
MyLibrary project because of this dependency. Could that be it?

If I don't add the project dependency (not to be confused with the
library dependency you describe in the docs), then MyApp does not
compile.