One thing that makes things slightly easier is to uncheck the Builders ->
Java Builder of the Library project. This means that compiler
errors/warnings will not be duplicated. You still need to be sure you are
editing the code from MyApp/MyLibrary rather than MyLibrary.

This doesn't help the call hierarchy problem though.

Another option is just to use resource-only libraries and live with
replicating the java code in the top level apps.