On Oct 4, 2:11 pm, "David Farler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I remind you that Google is not a hardware manufacturer.

I suppose we know that. The point we're making is this: If Google/T-
Mobile and others want to leverage the app development potential of a
platform, then they need to recognize the need for an environment that
is conducive to the development of such apps. The field is pretty well
laid out, I guess, and we know that there is a need for grown up
stakeholder (developer) management, and a grown up supply of test
equipment. A model similar to iPhone isn't going to cut it due to the
variety of handsets and providers that we can expect.
So far, we have an outstanding SDK (for what I am doing, anyway),
Google has handed out some serious Dollars in the ADC-I, but the rest
has a mixed track record with a lot of we-shall-see in it. Not
terribly professional from what I can see, but anyway, I suppose we've
beaten that one to death during the dark period over the summer.

Steve has some good points. As a consumer product, the 3G capabilities
need to be broadened similar to tri-/quad GSM. As far as a test
platform is concerned, "you Euros" might be able to make do without
it, although this would not be an ideal situation. The bar is so much
higher in Europe and parts of Asia, so it'll be interesting to see if
they (we!) will be able to make the cut.