On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 02:38, bluestar8783<bluestar8...@gmail.com> wrote:

>     I use your command to check, it is the same as you said.
>     So the source code I git is cupcake version.

Then, are you sure you are installing and booting the system image you
just compiled?  If yes, how do you figure that out?

>     At first I followed the
> instructions(http://freerunner.android.koolu.com/release-files)
>     to auto-install "Koolu Beta 7 Release" into NAND flash and Qi.

Ok.  That installs Android 1.0.

>     And then I added my drivers to build the source code of koolu-1.0,
>     follow the instructions
> (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Android_on_Freerunner#Installing_Android_on_an_SD_card)
>     to create files and boot from SD card by Qi. It works well.

"It works well" meaning "it boots" right?

>     And then I git the source code of cupcake(not add my drivers) and do the
> same
>     method to create files and want to boot from SD card by Qi, but it
> failed. Skipping
>     to boot from SD card, it runs from NAND flash, and kernel and rootfs
> versions
>     are for "Koolu Beta 7 Release". That's why I think I don't update FR to
> cupcake
>     version.

The fact that it doesn't boot from the SD card confuses me.  What
kernel did you put in the SD card? My best guess right now is that you
need to edit vendor/neo/freerunner/init.rc:

http://git.koolu.org/?p=platform/vendor/neo/freerunner.git;a=blob;f=init.rc;h=b862a9a139965091e7ef8de76b625745a29152fc;hb=5ce101aa011643bdc3d06262d59d20c34eec63a2

Change lines 38 and 39.

>     Why does it skip SD card and boot from NAND flash?

Good question.  Why do you think it's skipping the SD card?

Marcelo