Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> Hello Koen,
>
> Saturday, December 29, 2007, 12:09:26 AM, you wrote:

>> Lorn Potter schreef:

>>> Right, as soon as you can run something compiled for collie on openmoko,
>>> I will then believe you.
>>> This isn't i486.
>
>> what do you mean with 'compiled for collie on openmoko'?

ummm,... No, I meant just what I said... _run_ something [that is]
compiled for collie, on openmoko.
If you do not know what that means, please go back to English 101.

>> Do you mean with 'openmoko':
>
>> a) fic-gta01 device?
>> b) openmoko 2007.1 'distro'?
>> c) openmoko 2007.2 'distro'?
>
>   IMHO, Lorn mixes up an open-source multi-arch, multi-{subarch,machine}
> distro and a binary image that distro provides for specific
> configuration. Given a Debian x86 Install CD, he would think that
> Debian "is i486". Of course, quick web look would fix that up.

You guys once again prove Mickey and Matthias' point.

It seems that I _still_ cannot recommend openembedded to customers and
people interested in embedded linux because of the condescending
attitudes from some developers.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech