chown /OE to be owned by you.

Any particular reason the instructions do not have you install in in the users home directory?

Philip

Lundqvist Anders wrote:
Reinstalled the entire Ubuntu from scratch!

As a user:

alund...@alundqvi-ubuntu:/OE/openembedded$ bitbake meta-toolchain
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/OE/openembedded/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 143, in <module>
    main()
  File "/OE/openembedded/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 123, in main
    cooker.parseConfiguration()
  File "/OE/openembedded/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 69, in
parseConfiguration
    self.parseConfigurationFile( os.path.join( "conf", "bitbake.conf" ) )
  File "/OE/openembedded/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 403, in
parseConfigurationFile
    bb.fetch.fetcher_init(self.configuration.data)
  File "/OE/openembedded/bitbake/lib/bb/fetch/__init__.py", line 93, in
fetcher_init
    pd = persist_data.PersistData(d)
  File "/OE/openembedded/bitbake/lib/bb/persist_data.py", line 52, in __init__
    bb.mkdirhier(self.cachedir)
  File "/OE/openembedded/bitbake/lib/bb/__init__.py", line 138, in mkdirhier
    if e.errno != 17: raise e
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/OE/angstrom-dev'

As root you get

r...@alundqvi-ubuntu:/OE/openembedded# bitbake meta-toolchain
ERROR:  Openembedded's config sanity checker detected a potential
misconfiguration.
        Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the
checker (see sanity.conf).
        Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

        Do not use Bitbake as root.

So either I have to extend user rights or disable sanity checker! Or do I still
have a broken installation?

Best regards

Anders