On 22-06-09 18:18, Maxim Podbereznyi wrote:
Dear Koen,

I always ask myself a question why we have the online builder for rootfs but
never have a toolchain available online. Is it really necessary for all to
pass all that way to compile all the OE distribution to get a toolchain? I
understand that it is somehow possible to compile a toolchain apart from a
compilation of the whole OE

It's because everytime we distributed a toolchain for people that "just need a toolchain" it turns out that they don't "just need a toolchain" but more, at which point we'd point to OE. So to get around this, we start by pointing to OE. If you only want to toolchain, do 'bitbake gcc-cross' and 20 minutes later you have an up-to-date toolchain that matches your target environment perfectly.

regards,

Koen