On 17/09/12 22:42, Paul Eggleton wrote:
OK, so I enabled CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE and applied the change above, as well
as enabling CONFIG_FS_JFFS2 which was disabled (oops). Unfortunately
after reflashing the kernel the result was the same. It's also worth
noting that after the bootloader's blue progress bar reaches the end
there is no change in the display at all.

I just built linux-3.6-rc5 and it works for me, so that kernel version is not the problem.

The command line probably needs to have "console=tty0" (or no console parameter at all, as I have) instead of "console=ttyS0,115200n8" before kernel messages appear on the LCD screen.

I'll send you my kernel config for 3.6-rc5 so you can determine if there are any important differences.