On 18/09/12 06:18, david h. wrote:
Still sounds like your rootfs is broken ^^ coule anyone upload a kernel and
a rootfs(jffs2) anywhere, my workstation isnt really working atm, so i cant
compile myself, but i can test

If the rootfs were broken then we should see at least a hundred lines
or so of kernel console output beforehand. As far as I know we are not
seeing any kernel console output at all. Perhaps the kernel parameter
"console=ttyS0,115200n8" is incorrect, or serial output in general is
not reliable. I have never used a serial line with my hx4700 so I
cannot comment. Hence the desire to get LCD output working.

The other possibility is that the kernel has crashed immediately. There
were some recent regressions which did exactly that, but as far as I
know they were all fixed in linux-3.5.

I could upload my SDG bootloder, kernel and rootfs if anyone is
interested. BUT I have switched from JFFS2 to UBIFS and consequently
have repartitioned my hx4700 flash, from:

"bootldr" - 1 Mb (HTC bootloader, OS bootloader, WinCE registry?)
"kernel" - 2 Mb
"root" - 76.75 Mb
"home" - 48 Mb
"asset" - 0.25 Mb

to:

"bootldr" - 0.25 Mb (HTC bootloader)
"sdg" - 0.25 Mb (SDG bootloader)
"kernel" - 2.25 Mb
"ubi" - 125 Mb (root, home)
"asset" - 0.25 Mb

Note that this overwrites the WinCE registry (or whatever) between 0.5
Mb and 1 Mb. I do not know if WinCE could ever be re-installed
afterwards!