matti kaasinen wrote:
> Ok, they are yocto branches. Board I'm playing with is at91sam9260ek
> derivative (oooold), so, yocto is out of question. As Atmel is not yocto
> participant there is nothing in yocto for this board, so it's far too long
> a road to walk. In fact, even the OE-classic stuff for 9260ek is very
> outdated. I have updated some - like kernel - for my own boards "layer",
> if
> you can call that such in OE-classic. Anyhow, thanks for you information.
>
> BTW I suppose there is no point providing any new stuff to OE-classic. I
> wold have some, like usb_modeswitch update, chrony update, architecture
> independent version of isl2026 kenel module, sakis3g 3g connection script.
> Somehow, I feel it as waste of my and others time not sharing them. Let's
> take this isl2026. It really was hard to find the original version I
> started to work from (Buglabs version). That was very tightly dependent to
> their board's architecture while mine is not. On the other hand, it's not
> necessarily that usual that RTC is needed as it was in our case when there
> was a bug in at91sam9260 RTC.

Honestly I think the best approach in the absence of an official BSP from
the manufacturer would be to create a BSP for it yourself - if the kernel
builds with OE-Classic it shouldn't be too tricky to bring that over into
a layer for OE-Core, so I wouldn't rule it out. Then you would have access
to all of the up-to-date and cleaned-up metadata from OE-Core and
associated layers.

Cheers,
Paul

-----