Hi Asger,

Depends a bit on your take on what a model actually is. My experience
learns me that a model is usually just the name tagged on a JSON object
holding the data. In a few cases, the validation is part of the model.
Also, the validation rules are shared among most models.
For a project, I'm currently working on I wrote a function that takes the
result of a backend endpoint, and generates the interface for that. Saves
me a lot of typing, and helps if I need to use the models inside my
controllers.
If you want to create self-contained classes out of your models this is
also an option, just generate a class instead of an interface, and inherit
the validations from an abstract validation class. This abstract class
might even contain the CRUD methods that are needed to handle the
communication with the backend.

And no, you are not supposed to do this. It's a recommended pattern, but
not the only one. There are more ways on how this can be handled.
The simplest case, just a generic model interface, something like this:

export interface model {
    id?: String;
    [others: string]: any;
}

That can function as a generic wrapper for all of your models, and it will
get rid of all 'property' unknown errors in your code.

Regards
Sander