{note subject line change}

Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> 3.1.1.  Proxy Discovery Protocol Details
    >>
    >> The proxy uses the GRASP M_FLOOD mechanism to announce itself.  This
    >> announcement is done with the same message as the ACP announcement
    >> detailed in [I-D.ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane].

    bc> Can we make it:

    bc> This announcement SHOULD be done with the same message...
    bc> That's only an optimisation, really.

Agreed.  I think we all agree that the announcement of the proxy
(and the search for ACP peers) is something that M_FLOOD is good for.

    bc> (After the discussion back in Berlin, we added a feature to
    bc> M_FLOOD to allow arbitrary locators to be attached to a given
    bc> flood message. I thought that was what the BRSKI team wanted
    bc> at that time. Seems not.)

yes, we asked for two locators to be attached to a flood message so that we
could announce ACP and Proxy in the same message.  Given the experience
with rate limiting that you experienced, this seems doubly prudent since
this M_FLOOD will occur outside any ACP, and will have to traverse any
number of layer-2 devices.

(This will be worse at the beginning of ANIMA deployment, as the layer-2
devices will not be ACP aware, but will get better as more devices get with
the program...)

So, let's leave this part, which is

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-06#section-3.1.1

As there is no dispute about it, I think.
If it should be named AN_PROXY, that's fine.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-