Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-anima-stable-connectivity-07: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-stable-connectivity/

DISCUSS:

Section 2.1.5 talks about use of MPTCP:
"DNS naming is set up to provide the ACP IPv6 address of network
   devices.  Unbeknownst to the application, MPTCP is used.  MPTCP
   mutually discovers between the NOC and network device the data-plane
   address and caries all traffic across it when that MPTCP subflow
   across the data-plane can be built."
However, I'm actually uncertain how this is supposed to work and what
"Unbeknownst to the application" should mean. If another address should be
signaled to the other host, this needs to be indicated by the application or at
least some kind of policy framework above MPTCP. Also MPTCP will by default use
both paths simultaneously while still looking like one connection to the
application, meaning the application has no control which path is used for
which traffic. I guess you can open a second subflow and then configure the
first subflow as backup path but I'm not sure if that's what you want (given
the application/policy framework will still not know which path is used)..?
Please provide more information about what the expected usage scenario is here.