On 19/01/2018 06:34, Michael Richardson wrote:

> Toerless Eckert <t...@cs.fau.de> wrote:
>     > I just posted -08:
>     > https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-anima-stable-connectivity-08.txt
>
>     > I have modified the verbage in -08 according to your suggestions.
>
>     > A) GACP
>
>     > Section 1.3 now introduces the four core design constraints of a
>     > generic ACP (GACP) (VRF isolation, IPv6 only, NOC connectivity and
>     > Group Security) which are the basis for the (existing/unchanged)
>     > discussion in the document.
>
>     > The rest of the document has no semantic/content changes just textual
>     > changes for ACP -> GACP. There are two places where the text still
>     > refers to ACP specific examples and that is accordingly highlighted.
>
> Does that change ACP->GACP have to go across all documents?

I don't think so. This does relate to one of the changes made to the GRASP
draft after IESG review, where we made it clear that *the* ACP was the
preferred substrate, but not the only possible substrate:

   A GRASP implementation will be part of the Autonomic Networking
   Infrastructure (ANI) in an autonomic node, which must also provide an
   appropriate security environment.  In accordance with
   [I-D.ietf-anima-reference-model], this SHOULD be the Autonomic
   Control Plane (ACP) [I-D.ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane].
   GRASP does not specify transport security because it is meant to be
   adapted to different environments.  Every solution adopting GRASP
   MUST specify a security and transport substrate used by GRASP in that
   solution.

I don't think the "GACP" is any different, it's just a shorthand for the
same point. (Probably we should also mention "GACP" in the reference model
for consistency.)

    Brian