On 27/02/2018 11:14, Natale, Bob wrote:
> Lurker question (and a predictable one at that): What does it mean to be
> "professionally managed"? I am sure we can all think of multiple reasonable
> definitions, but it seems we need to have an explicit statement of the one
> we're using to constrain the scope of ANIMA.

Yes, we probably need to add a few words. The discussion in
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7575#section-3.2 applies, I think, even though
it doesn't use the word "professional". The idea is that there is a NOC, there
are skilled human operators, and we have to co-exist with traditional
management tools.

> More important perhaps (and don't forget the lurker status!), one value of
> technologies like ANIMA might well be to better manage networks that do not
> have a sufficient level of professional resources supporting them in the
> first place...?

Oh, I think we agree on that as the long-term goal. But we were specifically
chartered to avoid clashing with the HOMENET WG, where clearly pure
plug-and-play is the goal.

    Brian