Toerless Eckert <t...@cs.fau.de> wrote:
    > Good point, forgot to ask/mention this point in my previous emails.

    > As an ANIMA contributor, i would love for a draft/->RFC like BRSKI to
    > mention known existing implementations, especially open source, even if
just PoC.

IDs have included Implementation Reports during ID phase.
That section has usually been removed prior to publication, but perhaps not
always. Why not ask a friendly AD?
{My feeling is that including an implementation reports in a Draft Standard
is confusing DS with Internet Standard, and results in the bar being
informally raised. }

    > But i have no idea if and/or how thats seen to be appropriate by IETF
    > standards. Traditionally i think it was not done, but then again,
    > with the amount of focus (not to say hype ;-) the IETF does around
    > open source and hackathons, it almost sounds absurd to me not to mention
such code.

    > I am only aware of github.com/cisco/libest, but would love to see
    > any known code be mentioned. Single sentence with references to
    > appropriate URLs to those implementations would suffice IMHO.

https://minerva.sandelman.ca/
https://github.com/AnimaGUS-minerva

Contains a MASA called "highway" (in Ruby on Rails), a JRC called "fountain"
(also in Ruby in Rails), a Pledge simulator called "reach".  They all use
a library called Chariwt, which started it's life being about CWT signing
vouchers, but now does COSE, JOSE and CMS signing of JSON and CBOR format
vouchers.

In addition to be able to download the code, there are two MASA "live" on the
Internet, see:
    https://minerva.sandelman.ca/metasite/2017/10/25/jokeshop-setup.html

The idea is that you can "purchase" a unit by downloading a public/private
keypair, embedding that into your "product", and when it enrolls to your
JRC, there will be a MASA (in nonce audit mode) that will answer. Once the
unit has become owned, then the MASA removes if from the available inventory,
and cons' up another keypair.

The libest folks have set all of them up and tried to interoperate, but
last I heard, they were a few IDs behind in the code, and I hadn't heard a
more recent statement of the situation.

In addition. the JRC devel branch currently has DTLS+CoAP code being added.
The change to move the existing CoAP code to have DTLS underneath it was
not easy, as the OpenSSL DTLS code has some problems in it's DTLS API.
(At least, I say it does, and I did patches for it. I can't get my patches
upstream until I find a VAX to test compile them on though...)

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [