On 20/06/2018 05:53, Michael Richardson wrote:

> Carsten Bormann <c...@tzi.org> wrote:
>     > 2.2.2 says:
>
>     >> It is not an error if a name is first used with a "/=" or "//="
>     >> (there is no need to “create it" with "=").
>
>     > The intention is indeed to say that no initial rule with a “=“ is
> needed.
>     > Any ideas how we can clarify this some more?
>
> Neither Max nor I saw this while we were perusing this part.
> May I suggest that it be moved to be the second paragraph?
>
>     > You could also make use of the convention (not currently checked by any
>     > tool, but that could be done) to mark an extension point with a dollar
>     > sign:
>
>     > $transport-proto /= IPPROTO_TCP
>
>     > (See section 3.9 for more about that convention.)
>
> Ah, interesting. thank you.

However: I suggest not using that in the BRSKI draft. Our emergency plan
if CDDL is not yet close to being an RFC is to add a normative appendix
to GRASP specifying the subset of CDDL that we use, and I'd like to
keep that subset as small as possible.

Even better, CBOR could wrap up the CDDL spec in Montreal.

Regards
   Brian