lear> I think we've lost sight of what we're talking about.  We're talking
    lear> about a completely automated method for a local trust anchor to be
    lear> installed on a device, and a kick to EST for the device to receive a
    lear> local credential.  For that to happen there needs to be a trusted
    lear> introduction, and the device manufacturer or its agent is in the best
    lear> position to do that.

Randy Bush <ra...@psg.com> wrote:
    > no.  the owner's trust controller is.

Cool.  It's a relief to know that we've missed something obvious.
Could you please explain things more?

We call the owner's trust controller the "Registrar", or sometimes the
Join-Registrar/Coordinator.  I don't mind calling it a trust controller, but
maybe your term has a different meaning.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-