All,

During the last IETF meeting in Montreal we had a side meeting to discuss
the
deployment automation of ACME issued certificates to devices, and the
potential
use of the BRSKI mechanism to help with this. It was clear from the
discussion
that BRSKI can be used to help address this use case, and that further
discussion is
needed to define the needed enhancements to BRSKI.

The current BRSKI mechanism only briefly discusses the Cloud Registrar
option in
section 2.7, which could be used to help address this use case.

Michael Richardson and I had another meeting over lunch yesterday to
further
discuss this and we decided to work on a new draft to describe the issue
and
define a solution.

Because of vacations and other commitments, we will try to publish the
first
version of the draft early October.

Regards,
 Rifaat & Michael