From: Iot-onboarding <iot-onboarding-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Rifaat
Shekh-Yusef
Sent: 02 August 2019 19:09
To: anima@ietf.org; iot-onboard...@ietf.org
Subject: [Iot-onboarding] Device Certificate Deployment Automation with ACME
using BRSKI

All,

During the last IETF meeting in Montreal we had a side meeting to discuss the
deployment automation of ACME issued certificates to devices, and the potential
use of the BRSKI mechanism to help with this. It was clear from the discussion
that BRSKI can be used to help address this use case, and that further
discussion is
needed to define the needed enhancements to BRSKI.

The current BRSKI mechanism only briefly discusses the Cloud Registrar option in
section 2.7, which could be used to help address this use case.

Michael Richardson and I had another meeting over lunch yesterday to further
discuss this and we decided to work on a new draft to describe the issue and
define a solution.

Because of vacations and other commitments, we will try to publish the first
version of the draft early October.

Regards,
 Rifaat & Michael