Martin Björklund <mbj+i...@4668.se> wrote:
    >> And then Module D wishes to inherit from B and C :-)

    > "inherit from" is quite generic; I would need to see a detailed
    > example of the definitions you envision in B, C and D to give
    > guidelines.

Yes, you are right.

    >> In practical terms, this would be a constrained version of PRM.
    >> (combining draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher +
draft-ietf-anima-brski-prm)

    >> > But if the intention is to add leafs to the *existing* structure
defined in RFC
    >> > 8366 ("voucher-artifact"), then this approach doesn't work.
    >>
    >> We do this today in RFC8995 with augment.

    > No, 8995 defines a *new* structure; it doens't add to the existing
    > one.

Yes, I recognized this in the shower the other day.
We used augment to create a new structure, (with a new set of SID values,
btw), the voucher-request.

But, in PRM ("B") we want to extend the existing structures with new items, but
use
the same SID values.
Ditton in Constrained-Voucher ("C").

When we get around to doing Constrained PRM ("D"), then we would like the items
from "B" and from "C".

    > (Note that this is hypothetical; it is not possible to do this with
    > the current RFC 8366, since it uses rc:yang-data).

Understood.

    > So it all depends on what you want to do with the instance documents -
    > are they supposed to be "locked down" by explicit strcutures in
    > different RFCs, or do the RFCs define pieces of structures that can be
    > combined by implementations?

Not so much by implementations, but by derived RFCs.

    >> We want to go this way, but we want to be sure we are really doing it
wrong.
    >> Do you have an opinion about whether there is just a bug in pyang's
SID.py?
    >> Or is there something else missing in the YANG?

    > Yes this is missing in pyang.  I have asked the authors of the sid
    > plugin to have a look at this.

I have also filed and fixed bugs in sid.py, but before I do that, I just want to
make sure that the YANG is sane, otherwise, I might be doing the wrong thing.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )