I have a PR I'd like to submit to the
https://github.com/ansible/ansible-modules-core repo but I'm unsure of what
I should write in the PR for the Ansible version. The PR is for changing a
DOCUMENTATION string, and the information being changed applies to versions
1.9 up through the head of the devel branch.

Opening up a PR gives me a templated commit summary. It asks for the
relevant Ansible version and asks for the output of ansible --version.
 Would the Ansible team prefer me to say 2.2? On a related note, if the PR
is accepted, and gets merged into devel, would the cherry-picked into the
maintenance branches by one of the core team, or any extra effort be
required on my part for this to happen?  Or is it not a concern?

If it helps, my PR is for the mount module, and corrects the DOCUMENTATION
string at the top of the file
(https://github.com/ansible/ansible-modules-core/blob/edcbc2410ab6b90b79f809fc91d4d9ea7f57bb2b/system/mount.py#L82-L88)

to bring it in line with the code at
https://github.com/ansible/ansible-modules-core/blob/edcbc2410ab6b90b79f809fc91d4d9ea7f57bb2b/system/mount.py#L638-L677

.  It should fix https://github.com/ansible/ansible-modules-core/issues/2623

For the time being, the relevant diff is:
https://github.com/ansible/ansible-modules-core/compare/devel...markbreedlove:fix-2623-mount-docs

Thanks!
-Mark